The bride probably has the maximum pressure on her for her big day. Right from selecting the wedding gown to the caterers to the decorations, food, guests lists etc, the bride has loads to do. Another huge responsibility is for the bride to choose her bridesmaid’s dresses as well as her mother’s dress.
When you set out the select a mother of the bride dress, do remember that this is a proud moment in your mother’s life. Her little baby girl is getting married. So how do you go about selecting a dress for your mom?
Follow the simple steps below to ensure a great mother of the bride dress:
• Conventionally, it is always the bride who chooses her gown first and it is only once her gown is chosen that the style which others choose follow.
• Once you’ve selected your own gown, set out to select your mom’s dress. When selecting a mother-of-the-bride dress it is of utmost importance that she picks out a style in which she is both comfortable as well as in sync with the mode the bride has set with the selection of her wedding gown.
• The ideal option would be to go out with your mother and select a dress together. Both the choices will work fantastically together.
• Once you’ve selected a dress send a swatch of material from the mother of the bride dress to the mother of the groom so she can be well coordinated as well.
• Choose the color of gown according to theme of wedding. If it is traditional type wedding then go for more subdued color like silver, pale pastels and sage green. You can pick olive green , deep red, navy or royal blue color if the theme is little modern.
• Make sure that the dress you pick for her is something she is comfortable in.
Things to avoid:
• Flashy, flamboyant, in-your-face colors are not such a great idea.
• Avoid matching the mother of the bride’s dress to the bridesmaids.
• Avoid the color black
• Never select something that is too youthful for your mom. Select something age appropriate.