Short dresses have and will always be a head turner. No one can resist a woman walking by in a short, flattering dress showing off those gorgeous legs! Short dresses work in a variety of situations and occasions right from parties to dinner outs to casual days. Here are a few tips to help you pick out the ultimate short dress:
* Be on the lookout for short dresses that are well made. Choose fabrics that have a nice drape and seams which are neat and reinforced. This ensures that you look your age and not make the outfit you wear look cheap.
* If your dress is too short for a formal atmosphere, simply pair it with tights or leggings. It’s cute, it’s stylish and it works in giving off a glam yet elegant look.
* For formal occasions, if you are choosing to wear a dress with a short hemline then find yourself a strappy outfit. Pair this with black opaque tights or bare legs and high heels, and you can be assured of plenty of compliments heading your way. If you wish you can steer away from the traditional and swap your heels for embellished flats. It’s a fresh take and boy does it work.
* Short vintage dresses are a superb idea. The 60s were all about the min dresses. If you wish you can add modern day embellishments like big pockets, contrasting stitches, big prints or geometric patterns.
* For those on a budget, choose short dresses that can be worn multiple ways. For example, choose a heavier knit sun dress which can work with a long-T underneath or a turtleneck or pick out a short T-short dress or tunics which can just be combined with denims when you please!
* Short dresses always risk looking too young. So think age appropriate. Teens and 20-somethings can carry off short dresses quite easily and get away with all possible designs. Women closer to their middle age and above should preferably opt for short cuts with classic lines.
* Whatever your age, try and avoid skin tight short dresses and preferably go for styles which have more of a modern A-line shape