Tea parties are a get together where in you gather all your friends, catch up on some gossip, sip hot cups of tea and eat to your heart’s fill. Dressing up for tea parties is fun because most tea parties come with themes, though most of them are kept simple and traditional.
Here are a few tips that might help you through the ordeal.
* Read your invitation carefully to check out for themes if any. If there are themes mentioned, then it should be easy for you to pick a dress accordingly. Otherwise, you can pick a dress depending on the venue and time of the tea party.
* While walking in to someone else’s house, you need to look chic. Ladies can wear dresses that look casual yet smart. Semi-formal dresses are the best that you can go for. Team it up with a nice scarf and a simple watch on your wrist.
* In case you planning to wear jeans, wear a nice casual tee or beautiful leather jacket over it, with stilettos for your heels. Your look is complete here.
* For young girls or teenagers, a cute little dress like a party dress or even a baby doll dress looks classy and elegant keeping the event in mind.
* Count the season as well before dressing up. For example if it is winter, wear bold and earthy colors like dark brown or dark green, but if its summer opt for lighter summer dresses.
* Any tea party is incomplete without a hat. Right from young girls to ladies can don hats of many shapes and styles. They look sophisticated and exclusive. Tea party hats are also available online.
* For last, accessories play a very important role in every dress that you wear. Scarves, bangles, watches and shoes are the many things that you can wear with your dress. Only that don’t over accessorize yourself. Tea parties are always meant to be sober, casual and yet fun.
Every point can be put to good use and effectively only if you carry the cutest smile you can. Good food, good company and a good time awaits you.