Any lady, no matter her size and shape, has every right to both look and feel good about herself. A woman with a voluptuous frame has every right to style and profile the way a slimmer woman does. The simple trick lies in dressing your own size and not the one you wish to be!
Wrong clothing choice can emphasize a low self-esteem, negative body language and a bad body image. Au contraire, the correct clothes can boost your body image, self esteem and confidence. When it comes to looking good – size does not matter. What matters is the way a woman dresses her body and the way she carries herself.
- Never dress smaller than your size. It’s the golden rule of dressing up and holds especially true for women with larger frames. A smaller outfit will fit snugly – or rather a little too snugly on you and make you sweat in places you would rather not sweat in!
- Avoid wearing bright colors. While this statement should not be misconstrued in purchasing a dull wardrobe, avoid colors like fluorescents or singular bright shades. They draw attention to all the problem areas that would be better off concealed!
- Horizontal lines make plus sized women look wider. Vertical lines are a good idea. But if the stripes are too thick or too fitted or go zig zag across some areas, the result can be disastrous!
- Tapered denims make hips look wider and the ankles look swollen. Those with big, wide feet should especially keep away!
- Dresses look fantastic on plus sized women – especially the empire waist ones in light fabrics like georgette, chiffon and taffeta.
- Always dress your size! If you are a size thirteen, choose a size thirteen outfit. In fact, a great idea would be to purchase a size bigger and then alter it to your size in a manner that flatters the body.
- Accentuate your appendages. A well groomed woman is always appreciated. Get those manicures and pedicures. Smell good. Have fresh clean skin. Clothing is only one aspect of a plus sized woman. Make an effort to accessorize and look great overall for a ravishing effect!