A cocktail dress or a party gown looks so much more amazing when combined with the right pair of shoes. Imagine wearing a pair of tennis shoes below a gorgeous shimmering prom dress. The right pair of shoes can determine if the outfit is dressed up or casual. Learn the basic tricks to finding and purchasing the correct dress shoes which allow you to look and feel great no matter where you go.
* The most important thing to remember is the type of occasion that you are invited to. Is it formal or semi formal or casual? Knowing the occasion that you’re shopping for will help you narrow down your search and focus on only those shoes which fit into that category. It prevents you from getting inundated when you walk into a store full of options.
* Make a budget for yourself and stick to it. If you are looking for long lasting shoes then look for the genuine leather ones. They last longer and may be more comfy over time. The better the quality the longer it lasts. However, if your budget only allows for cheaper versions, that’s fine. Do not let the salespeople talk you into paying more.
* Pick out a color. It could be one which blends with your cocktail dress perfectly or it could be a basic dress shoe which matches most outfits. Black shoes are refined and go with almost anything dark, ivory shoes match light outfits perfectly.
* Pick out the height of the heel, keeping in mind the type of occasion you will be attending. Remember comfort is of prime importance. A two inch heel is usually found to be more comfortable, however if you need height or would like your legs to look longer, then opt for a taller heel. Wedge heels are the perfect compromise between style and comfort.
* Remember to get a good fit. For optimum results let the salespeople size your foot. Always ensure that the shoes actually fit your feet, and aren’t too big or too small. Walk around the store a bit in them for a better feel of the shoe.