I always wonder what is the appropriate color to wear to a formal party? It’s been a while since I’ve realized that nothing can come close to or compare to the sheer grace, elegance and beauty of a beautiful black dress!
Here are 10 reasons why you should select a black dress:
- It’s the ideal color to wear when you are unsure what else to pick. You can never go wrong with black. It goes perfectly with both formal and informal occasions.
- It is a rather slimming color. Even if you don’t have a picture perfect body, black is the perfect slimming color. Black is the perfect safety net for you irrespective if you are thin, plus sized, tall or petite.
- Black suits women of all ages. You do not have to worry about being a particular age to carry off black. No matter how old or how young you are, black is a fantastic choice.
- Black has a hundred different personalities. It’s sexy; it’s elegant; it’s rebellious; it gives; it takes; it’s tough; it’s sophisticated. Why choose anything else when something as simple as black can lend so many emotions.
- Black in one simple word indicates ‘class’. The trendiest of women have always worn black. At any awards ceremony or at a formal function, you will always find a celebrity in black. The understated ethics of black is simply undeniable.
- As early as 1954, a top designer by the name of Christian Dior discovered the sheer fabulousness of the color black. In fact, in his book entitled ‘The Little Dictionary of Fashion – A guide to dress sense for every woman’, he very clearly states that a whole book could be dedicated to the deliciousness of the color black.
- Approximately 85 years ago, Coco Chanel launched her first little black dress. The LBD, needless to say, has gone down to make history. There is a reason it is called the LBD with B indicating black and not LLD or LGD etc.
- Accessorizing black is very simple. Unlike other colors where you have to scratch your head and wear your feet out finding the perfect accessories – all colors match black! Clutches, jewelry, totes, belts and heels can all be drowned in colors and will still look fantastic. Just remember not to wear one of each color.
- Black is a gorgeously universal color. Hen you are stumped about what to wear to the Greek party you are invited to always opt for black. It is fantastically brilliant in its perfection.
- 10. Black spells longevity. If the black dress has not gone out of style since 1926 when it was first introduced, you can be rest assured that it’s going to stick around for plenty of time more. In other words, a black dress is a brilliant investment.
Your question, dear ladies, should never be why wear black – it should be why wear anything else but black?